Monday, August 2, 2010

The Pain I'm Feeling

Welcome to Monday Manna. On the First and Fourth Monday’s of each month, we focus on one Bible verse that Joanne posts on the previous Thursday. Our contributions can be just a few thoughts, a picture you feel helps express it, a poem, a short story, a devotional. After reading mine, go on over to Joanne’s blog, An Open Book, read hers and then click the links at the bottom to the other participants.

This week’s verse is Psalm 72:18:
Blessed be the Lord God, the God of Israel, who only does wondrous things! (NKJ)

I often have the radio on at my desk or while driving without really listening to it. But there are times when God just draws my attention to a certain phrase during a teaching or a certain song every time that song plays. Lately, that has been happening with a song by Josh Wilson. God is constantly reminding me that “life is not a snapshot” and He will use this time of pain to bring greater joy in the end.

1 comment:

Joanne Sher said...

I'd never heard this song before, Joanney. I LOVE it - thanks for sharing, and participating in Monday Manna. :)