Monday, January 12, 2009

God Dispenses Wisdom Through Others

"If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all, without finding fault, and it will be given him. But wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere." James 1:5 and 3:17 (NIV)

I went to bed last night and woke up this morning with a heavy burden on my heart. I did not know what to do some information and my feelings surrounding it. Reading these verses this morning reminded me where I needed to turn for the wisdom to know what to do in this situation. But prayer alone did not seem to be the answer. The more I turned this over to God, the more I felt that I needed a close girlfriend to share my burden.

After debating with myself I decided to write to a wonderful Christian lady that I know. I spent my entire lunch hour (half hour) typing an email expressing my pain and confusion. Even before I received a response back, I felt a peace come over me that I had not had since before the whole issue came into play. Immediately I knew that the email had been the right choice. Only God can give that peace.

I value my friend's wisdom. I appreciate her gentleness, consideration and her mercy. I need her sincerity and submission to what I may not want to hear.

No comments: