Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Missing Ingredients

The other day I posted that I made a strawberry custard pie. It was very yummy, even though I messed it up. As I copied over the recipe, I realized that I had forgotten to put the milk in the custard part of the pie. It still tasted like custard, but that part was very thin and heavy.

This is not the first time I have done this. The first time I made Hawaiian bread, I forgot the eggs. Like the pie, no one would have known the difference if I had not told them my mistake.

We all make mistakes that lead to better ways of doing things and new ideas. But some mistakes have consequences and are more likely to be the ones that we hide. No matter how much we try to hide them, they are not hidden. The consequences are worse when we hide the missing ingredients in our mistakes.

I have made Hawaiian bread with the eggs, although Gregory says he likes it better without. The next time I make Strawberry Custard Pie, I will remember the milk. And I will try to correct and admit the mistakes I make in life.

No comments: