Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thanks for the Stew

Knowing that my busy day was going to make it hard to get dinner on the table and still get my husband and sons to their respective places on time, I put a couple of venison roasts in the crockpot before leaving for work in the morning. When I got home that afternoon, I had less than half an hour before I needed to be out the door. I used part of that time to add carrots and potatoes to the now fully cooked venison. When I got home from running my youngest son to church camp, I thickened the stew and let it sit a few minutes until Paul got home.

My reasoning for making stew was convenience. I felt somewhat silly making stew in the middle of the summer, but I knew it was all I would have time to make. My oldest son thanked me several times last night and today for making venison stew.

This made me ponder if I take the time to really notice and be thankful for all the wonderful gifts that I am given. Do I take for granted the sunshine and rain that God sends my way? Do I fully realize how blessed my life is and take the time to thank God for those blessings?

I got tired of Gregory thanking me for making stew. Well, maybe not really tired of it, but definately thought it was a little overboard. It was, after all, only dinner. I know that God does not get tired of us thanking Him for the "little" things that He does in our lives. Will you join me in thanking Him today for EVERY blessing He sends?

No comments: